Get Stored UK - The moving company
Get Stored UK terms and conditions:
1) Cancellation policy: A 50% cancellation fee may be charged for cancellations that occur when giving less than 7 days‘ notice. When you book your removal with Get Stored UK you are agreeing to this policy. This is at the companies‘ discretion. Any deposit that is paid is non-refundable unless the move is cancelled by Get Stored UK.
2) The number of vehicle & removal operatives supplied are subject to the job requirements as deemed adequate by Get Stored UK. We withhold the right to change the number of vehicles and removal operatives that we send to any job, However the price will not change without prior notice being given unless any of our terms and conditions have not been adhered to. Any price increase will always be agreed in advance with the customer.
3) Get Moved UK must be able to park within a reasonable distance (20 metres) from the property in which the job is being carried out from. It is the customer‘s responsibility to reserve a suitable parking space for the removal vehicles. If you are unsure how much space to reserve you must contact Get Stored UK for advice. Extra charges may be applied if we cannot park within this distance.
4) The customer must make Get Stored UK aware before booking any removal of any access issues with regards to parking issues, limitations, double yellow lines, narrow roads/lanes or poor road surfaces that are not suitable for the removal vehicles. Refer to number 3 for parking distance. If we are not made aware of any such issues before booking extra charges may be applied.
5) You (the customer) are responsible for any parking tickets or charges that Get Stored UK has to pay in order for us to carry out removal services on your behalf.
6) It is the customer‘s responsibility to make Get Stored UK aware of any access issues. This includes any items of furniture or general property that needs to be moved in or out of a property via a window, doors being removed from hinges, items that need to be lifted over a wall or fence. We reserve the right to refuse to quote any job that we deem to be an insurance risk or a health and safety risk. If we are not made aware of any such issues we reserve the right to refuse to move any item or extra charges may be applied.
7) All quotes are based on ground/1st floor only unless otherwise specified by the customer prior to the quotation. If you are moving to a property which is above this floor level you must inform Get Stored UK prior to the booking. Extra charges will be incurred if you do not mention this until move day.
8) Get Stored UK will not remove items from the loft/attic or basement unless previously agreed, as a Get Stored UK member of staff would first need to inspect the said space for health and safety reasons. If you do not state that you need items removed from a loft or basement space prior to booking you removal Get Stored UK reserves the right to refuse to move such items or extra charges may be applied.
9) Get Moved UK calculates all quotes based on the amount of possessions/furniture that the customer requires moving along with the factors such as the distance between the addresses and what type of properties both addresses are. If the list of possessions that the customer has supplies is not accurate Get Stored UK reserves the right to alter the quote accordingly. Again if the list of possessions is different from the list the Get Stored UK estimator made when visiting the property during the initial quote Get Stored UK again reserves the right to alter the price accordingly.
10) Extra items of furniture will be charged at between £2.00-£20.00 depending on what the item is. Get Stored UK appreciates that it is extremely difficult to estimate the amount of boxes that you will have. Taking this into account we will normally set a maximum amount that is included within the quote. Additional boxes will then be charged at between £1.00-£5.00 depending on weight and size.
11) If you choose to self-pack Get Stored UK expects all loose items to be properly boxed up, general house contents such as crockery,saucepans,glasses,DVD”s,books and bedding etc must be securely packed in boxes or bags. Get Stored UK will not move loose items if they are not boxed or packaged properly. We reserve the right to refuse to move any items that we deem are not adequately packed. If we agree to move any such items extra charges will be applied due to the extra time taken to complete the move.
12) When self packing all boxes must be securely sealed with tape (top & bottom). Get Stored UK will not move boxes that are just folded in and not taped due to insurance and health and safety reasons.
13) When self packing all bags must be securely sealed by either zipping the item up or using ties. Get Stored UK will not move bags that are not securely sealed due to insurance and health and safety reasons.
14) Get Stored UK reserves the right to refuse to move any items including boxes and bags if it deems that they are over loaded, insecure or too heavy. You will be required to split the weight of any such items. As a general rule if you think its too heavy it probably is, books and heavier items should be placed into small boxes and items like bedding and pillows can be placed into larger boxes.
15) Washing machines must be un-plumbed and drained and fridge freezers must be defrosted and emptied prior to our arrival. We will not take responsibility for the contents.
16) Get Stored UK does offer a dismantling and reassembly service which is charged at between £20.00-£40.00 per item. However you must make Get Stored UK aware of any items that you require this service for before booking your removal. We reserve the right to refuse to dismantle or reassemble any item that we deem is either to technical/complicated and any items that have not been previously agreed before booking. If on the day of your move there are any such items it is the customers responsibility to arrange for this to be done unless previously agreed. The same rule applies with regards to disconnecting or reconnecting appliances, equipment, fixtures or fittings.
17) If Get Stored UK is delayed due to waiting for the customer to dismantle furniture items, remove doors or windows, collect/hand back keys or for any other reason that wasn‘t agreed prior to booking you will be charged £35.00 per hour. This is charged in 60 minute interval. It is the customers responsibility to make Get Stored UK aware of any likely delays. This excludes customers who are simply waiting to complete on the day of completion.
18) Any passenger who wishes to travel in the removal vehical must ask permission before booking. We reserve the right to refuse to let customers travel in the vehical unless it has been previously agreed. This is done at your own risk. No payment of any kind will be asked for or accepted for this and is on a goodwill basis only.
19) There is a standard charge of £30 per unit for replacing any packing crate under hire lost or misplaced by yourself.
20) Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract, we will not be liable for delays in transit.
21) The customer must agree proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises or where other people such as tenants or workmen are or will be present. If you fail to protect your goods we shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such failure.
22) If Get Stored UK dis-connect or re-connect washing machines or dish washers it is done without liability. It is essential the appliance is tested by you on completion of the work for any leaks or malfunction as we can not be held responsible for any consequential damage. You must also check for leaks when washing machine or dishwasher is removed and or/re-connected at delivery.
23) You must ensure pets, children (16 years and under) are properly supervised and kept away from removal equipment and working areas.
OUR RIGHT TO SUB-CONTRACT THE WORK
1) We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work.
2) If we sub-contract, then these conditions will still apply.
OUR LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE.
1) Our insurance extends to cover legal liability for all risks of physical loss or damage to goods whilst in transit on any vehical owned or operated by ourselves and whilst loading and unloading in connection with such transit caused by a fortuitous incident but excluding loss of or damage to goods caused by:
(a) Ordinary loss in weight or volume, ordinary leakage, ordinary wear and tear, inherent vice or nature of the goods.
(b) Breakage of owner packed goods unless caused by a major accident to the means of conveyance.
(d) Rust oxidisation or discolouration unless caused by fire, explosion, collision or overturning of carrying vehicle.
(e) Wilful misconduct of the assured.
(f) Breakage of glass, marble, china, earthenware or other goods of a brittle nature unless caused by fire, explosion,collision, or overturning of carrying vehicle.
(g) Depreciation, moth, vermin, mildew, sweat, spontaneous combustion, gradual deterioration, atmospheric or climate conditions.
(h) Loss of damage to self-assembly furniture unless dismantled prior to the day of the removal.
(i) In the event of loss or damage to an article forming part of a pair or set, the indemnity granted shall be limited to the proportionate value that the article bears to the total value of the pair or set and no additional depreciation shall be paid.
(j) By war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (weather war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup,act of god, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control.
(k) To any goods left in wardrobes, drawers or any other furniture item or appliances.
(l) To any goods in boxes , bags, packages, bundles, cases or other containers not both packed or unpacked by us unless there is evidence of external damage. This must be noted upon delivery.
(m) For any electrical, electronic or mechanical derangement to any item, appliance, instrument, machinery, apparatus, or equipment unless there is evidence of external impact. This must be noted upon delivery.
(n) Get Stored UK does not accept liability for loss or damage to jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, metals, money, deeds, bonds, securities, stamps of any kind, manuscripts or any other documents. We advise that you carry all valuables with you.
(o) Get Stored UK does not accept liability for loss or damage to any alcohol, liquor, perfumery, tobacco, food items or products, livestock, plants, perishable goods of any kind, gas or any kind of explosive item.
(p) Get Stored UK does not accept any liability for any items whatsoever that are moved, loaded or unloaded by anyone other than our own employees.
(q) Get Stored UK can not accept any responsibility/liability for any damage noticed after our team finishes the removal.
(r) In the event of Get Stored UK losing or damaging your goods, if we are liable we will pay up to a maximum of £250.00 sterling for each item to cover the cost of repairing or replacing the item. This is not through our insurance company.
(s) It is a condition precedent to liability under this insurance that Get Stored UK shall receive a valued inventory in respect of the goods prepared prior to the commencement of transit and signed for by the owner of the goods.
(t) Any claim made through our insurance company is liable to a £250.00 excess payment by you the customer. The limit to this insurance is £10,000 for goods carried in one vehical up to a limit of three vehicals with a gross weight of 3.5 tonne or less.
(u) We may choose to repair or replace the damaged item depending on the level of damage. If any item is repaired we are not liable for the depreciation in value.
(v) We can increase your cover if we receive a written request from you at least 3 working days before the day of removal requesting that the level of cover be increased.
Any claim must be made in writing within 5 days of the removal or delivery concerned.
Any claim made after the 5 day period will be refused. Full payment must be made before any claim can be considered. Only written claims will be reviewed.
By accepting the quote you have agreed to these terms and conditions.
Get Stored UK reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.