Terms & Conditions for storage with GetStoredUK
We, Us and Our refer to GetStoredUK I, You and Your refer to the person or agent signing the contract for the client storing effects. Conditions means these terms and conditions that apply to this contract between Us and You.
1. This contract and licence constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. You acknowledge that You have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of Us which is not set out in this contract and licence.
2. These Conditions apply to this contract and licence to the exclusion of any other terms that You seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
3. Our charges do not include insurance. Your effects are stored at Your risk. You are advised to insure Your own effects. You must declare a value of effects to Us.
3 (i) GetStoredUK accepts no responsibility for any destruction, damage or deterioration of loss however caused to the container or contents there of unless due to the negligence or wilful default of GetStoredUK its employees or agents.
GetStoredUK shall not in any case be liable for indirect or consequential loss or damage nor shall the company be liable for any goods when the same are not in the actual control or custody of GetStoredUK.
(ii) The responsibility for maintaining insurance in respect of any goods (the goods) deposited in container(s) shall remain with the customer. The customer should maintain a storage insurance policy (or fire, accidental damage, however caused) GetStoredUK shall not be responsible for destruction or loss of damages to any article contained in any part of the containers, nor for loss of profits, expenses, and inconvenience that may be caused to the customer in the event of goods deteriorating being destroyed or lost.
4. We may supply additional services and quote as required.
5. Minimum storage period one week.
6. You will not use the container for any other purpose than storage. No working, causing a nuisance or obstructing access to other clients.
7. Goods NOT to be stored or moved:- Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, pornographic materials, potentially dangerous, damaging, explosive, corrosive, gas or gas canisters, paints, firearms and ammunition. Precious stones or jewellery, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or collections. Plants or goods likely to encourage infestation, vermin or pests. Perishables or items requiring a controlled environment. Goods requiring a special licence. If any of these are submitted We will demand their removal immediately and You will pay Us for expenses, legal cost or penalties incurred by Us.
8. You confirm the effects for storage are Yours and or You have the authority to enter into this contract. You shall ensure that any information You provide to Us in respect of Your effects and numbers of boxes or other information relating to quantities etc to be stored are complete and accurate. We cannot and will not take responsibility for any of Your effects that are lost, stolen or otherwise taken.
9. You agree our agents may gain access to Your stored effects in case of emergency, if instructed by emergency services or if We need to move Your effects.
10. You agree payment is in advance, and that You will not withhold any part of the agreed charges. Any late payment will incur interest at a rate of 5% per annum above the Bank of England base rate from time to time. Interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgement, and shall be compounded weekly.
11. Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude Our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by Our negligence, or the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(c) breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession).
12. Subject to clause 9:
(a) We shall not be liable to You, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with this contract, including any losses that may result from Our deliberate repudiatory breach of the contract; and
(b) Our total liability to You in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with this contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, including losses caused by Our deliberate repudiatory breach, shall not exceed the lower of either the value of the consideration paid under the contract or £1,000.
13. Except as set out in these Conditions, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this contract.
14. Clauses 11 to 14 shall survive termination of this contract.
15. You shall pay each invoice submitted by Us:
(a) within 14 days of the date of the invoice; and
(b) in full and in cleared funds to a bank account nominated in writing by Us, and time for payment shall be of the essence of this contract.
16. All amounts payable by You under the contract are exclusive of amounts in respect of value added tax chargeable for the time being.
17. We will hold Your effects until all charges and fees have been paid. This includes any fees or charges We incur while holding Your effects, until payment in full is made.
18. Right of Lien. We will dispose or sell Your effects left in the store 14 days after non payment of charges. Any funds produced will be credited to Your account, after all charges and cost for disposal or sale have been met. Any shortfall will be taken on Your credit or debit card details held or stopped from the deposit refund cheque or pursued through the small claims court.
19. If necessary, We will charge a minimum of £50 on Your credit/debit card to clean the container or area, remove rubbish and make fit to supply to another client.
20. We reserve the right to amend Our charges periodically with 30 days notice.
21. You will pay a deposit equal to 4 weeks or 28 days storage, refundable by cheque only, within 14 days after the end of storage period, less charges for repairs or cleaning if required.
22. Late payments, missed payments or dishonored payments will incur a £25.00 fee to be added to Your account. For each letter, statement or notice We send You, in relation to late or missed payments, We will charge a £10.00 administration fee.
23. We will hold credit and debit card details for future payments against storage or disposal cost. By signing this contract You authorise Us to debit any and all charges from these cards.
24. Any notices will be deemed effective immediately if served in person or 48 hours after posting.
25. Where the customer is two or more persons Your obligations under this contract shall be joint and several.
26. Access to the site is by arrangement with 48 hours notice required We are closed Sundays and Bank Holidays. Additional access by agreement and payment of charges if deemed appropriate.
27. We may terminate the contract and licence immediately without prejudice if any payments or licence agreements are not maintained.
28. If You use Our trailer service, You will be responsible for the trailer‘s location at or near Your premises and You will also be responsible for the trailer and wooden container for the duration it is located at your premises. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that You will be liable for any damage or loss of the trailer and wooden container or any third party claims relating to the trailer and or wooden container.
29. Force majeure:
(a) For the purposes of this contract, Force Majeure Event means an event beyond the reasonable control of GetStoredUK including but not limited to strikes, lockouts or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of GetStoredUK or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
(b) We shall not be liable to You as a result of any delay or failure to perform our obligations under this contract as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
(c) If the Force Majeure Event prevents Us from providing any of the services for more than 4 weeks, We shall, without limiting Our other rights or remedies, have the right to terminate this contract immediately by giving written notice to You.
30. Assignment and subcontracting:
(a) We may at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of Our rights under this contract and may subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of Our obligations under this contract to any third party or agent.
(b) You shall not, without Our prior written consent, assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of Your rights or obligations under this contract.
31. This licence is subject to English Law. By signing the contact You acknowledge and agree that You have read and understand the Conditions of this contract and licence.